Friday, September 4, 2009

Hermit Weekend


Photo credit: jdurham from morguefile.com
Why is it considered freakish if you enjoy your own company?A couple of people at work asked me what I was doing for Labor Day and when I said nothing they gave me that pitying look that drives me insane. I've been looking forward to my hermit weekend all week long. The bra came off about 30 seconds after I walked in the door this afternoon and I probably won't put it back on until about 7 am Tuesday morning. I plan on sleeping late, fixing big breakfasts, doing some reading, writing, maybe watch a little TV. Sounds like heaven to me. And I need it after having company last weekend and visitors every night this week.


It's not that I don't like people, I do, but I can only spend so much time with them and then I need a break to recoup. I've taken those personality tests before and on every one I am off the charts introvert. That means being in social situations saps my strength instead of feeds it. That's why I'd rather you just shoot me in the face than drag me along for karaoke or dancing or cocktail parties. Let's face it, I was a lump baby and I'm a lump adult. You know what I'm talking about, those big Buddha babies with the fat rolls on their arms and legs. Mom said you could just sit me in front of the TV and I was happy. And not much has changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment