Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I'm Shocked!


When Republicans first started going after ACORN because of false voter registrations, I considered it pretty much a non-issue. Okay, so some employees padded their voter registration counts to make a little extra money. It’s not like Elvis Presley actually showed up to vote. The current charges are a lot more serious and I was somewhat skeptical of ACORN’s claims that the videos were deceptive and dubbed over until I viewed the clip above. Fox News said the clips were vetted editorially before they were aired but how much vetting could they be doing when they didn’t even take the time to verify that someone died?


Now I’m wondering if all the ACORN employees in these videos just thought they were being “Punk’d.” I mean, I’ll admit, I’m not the most street savvy person in the world but even I would have a hard time believing that some kid in a Huggy Bear outfit who looks like he just finished up his Mormon mission was actually coming in to ask about running an underage prostitution ring to finance a future political race. There may really be something to this story but somebody besides Fox News needs to do the investigation.


I’m all for finding out the real facts in this case just like I think someone should’ve dug up the real facts on the George W. Bush National Guard story. CBS was willing to back off the whole thing and throw Dan Rather under the bus because of one badly forged document and that‘s one thing I‘ll give Fox credit for. You can bet your ass they’ll keep beating this story like a dead horse and they damn sure won’t be giving Glenn Beck the boot.

No comments:

Post a Comment