Sunday, August 23, 2009

The L-Word

Well, this is it. I'm finally coming out. I grew up in rural Kentucky and I've spent my whole life apologizing for myself but after six years of living in the small blue oasis of Tucson surrounded by a sea of red I'm ready to acknowledge who I really am. I'm not middle of the road and I'm not conservative on some issues and liberal on others. No, my name is Mary Beth and I'm a liberal and damn proud of it.

I'm a pro-choice, anti-drug war, pro-environment, anti-death penalty, agnostic, bleeding-heart liberal. About the only issue I might be considered even vaguely conservative on is gun control and that's only because I think hunting is a more humane way to obtain meat than factory farming. Somehow I don't think that's going to get me a link from the NRA.

After watching all the frothing at the mouth wing nuts at the town hall meetings, I've decided to add a sane voice to the millions of people ranting and raving in the blogosphere. Hopefully, I'll pick up a few readers along the way so this will feel a little more like intercourse and a little less like masturbation. I'll be posting my thoughts for the day so feel free to comment, whether you agree or disagree. If there's anyone out there, thanks for listening. And y'all come back now, you hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment