Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Cancer Card


Photo credit: rawnsr1 from morguefile.com

I was going to try and post to this site every day or two but since I've already screwed that up, I'm going to have to play the cancer card. Okay, I'll admit that the cancer's been gone since I had a lumpectomy back in April but the fatigue from radiation doesn't seem to be going away even though it's been two months since I finished that as well.

I feel like kind of an asshole for even complaining since I had ductal carcinoma in situ (dcis) or as I refer to it, cancer lite. That means it hadn't spread outside the milk ducts so I got to skip the chemotherapy and hair loss and hey, it wasn't like I was going to die from it or anything. The only problem is that when I say fatigue I don't think most people have any idea what I'm talking about.

My mom came to visit for my birthday last Thursday and flew back to Kentucky today and just trying to clean up the house a little and show her a good time totally kicked my ass. I mean, I turned 43 not 83 and I'm getting sick and tired of this shit. Plus, when I get really exhausted I have a fun little side effect, foot cramps. And there's nothing I enjoy less than writhing in the floor while my foot folds up like a sandwich.

Anyway, I do realize that the cancer card has a finite number of punches so I'll try to keep the pity parties to minimum. I start back to work tomorrow and since I mostly sit in front of a computer screen all day I should be able to rest up enough to think of something new to rant about. I know my reader is anxiously awaiting my next post.





No comments:

Post a Comment